Director, Financial Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1412504
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce – whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others – offers a variety of valuable services to enhance the customer experience. Walmart.com’s financial services portfolio includes a wide range of offerings that increase our customers’ purchasing power and provide convenience for their day-to-day financial transactions, ranging from credit and lending products to money transfers and check printing.
The Director, Financial Services will be responsible for driving the strategy, financials and operational performance of the financial services portfolio, focusing on growth initiatives, new offerings, customer experience, partner management and continuous improvement of end-to-end operating activities.
- Manage and lead all aspects of financial services, including the P&L, top-line growth, services offering, site merchandising, supplier and third-party partnerships, and long-term strategy to drive growth, customer preference and loyalty.
- Create a growth-oriented roadmap and be the internal advocate for new features and offerings. Partner with third-party providers and internal leaders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Customer Care, Merchandising and Walmart Stores to deliver a world-class omni-channel customer experience.
- Drive alignment across multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Attract, retain, and develop a world-class team.
- Continuously improve processes, data integrity, and systems to deliver operating leverage in how we do business.
- Leverage the enterprise's advantages to build scalable high growth businesses around immediate and emerging opportunities.
- 10+ years in a leadership role in general management, brand management, and/or product management.
- 10+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, with deep expertise in industry trends, economics and opportunities
- 5+ year experience in a direct-to-consumer eCommerce environment
- BA/BS required; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- High organizational EQ with the ability to effectively collaborate and motivate cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability and bias to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, test & learn environment.
- Proven ability to combine vision with execution, understanding the broad landscape of opportunities while making tough prioritization decisions.
- Passionate about baking customer service into the organization’s culture.
- Strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Passion for eCommerce and for Walmart US eCommerce’s mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents