Associate Product Manager, Retail Core Engine
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1383330
What you'll do at
As an Associate Product Manager in the Retail Core Engine you’ll be charged with leading strategic definition and tactical outcomes for Walmart’s US E-Commerce Business. Your scope will span e-commerce and omni-channel initiatives intersecting online and offline opportunities. You’ll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product manager within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com).
- Diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in their fields.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of a company only constrained by your vision and passion to execute.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
About the Job
Walmart's Retail Core Engine team leads the development of platforms for item cost management across Walmart’s US stores and US eCommerce sites (including Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Shoes.com, and others). In this role, you will partner with business leadership and the Walmart Retail Technology organization on conceptualizing, designing, and building the next generation of retail platforms that will empower each Walmart US eCommerce site to build omnichannel and unique customer-centric experiences.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and data driven product professional with a passion for building systems at a massive scale.
What You'll do
In this role, you will:
- Define product strategy for our next generation item cost management platform.
- Build an effective roadmap and define user stories that support business objectives and stakeholder needs.
- Collaborate across all of Walmart's US stores, eCommerce sites and thousands of merchants to build scalable solutions that enable Walmart to leverage its supply chain.
- Develop solutions that enable Walmart to deliver great customer experiences.
- Work across product and engineering teams to deliver scalable systems that power the customer experience.
- Deliver cutting edge solutions at Walmart scale.
- Serve as an internal evangelist for your product.
Who are you
- Strong communicator; able to level up and down on topics with ease.
- Drive continuous improvement while balancing both "incremental" and "breakthrough" improvements.
- Able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits of new features to retail, product, and technology teams.
- History of successfully influencing through peers/peer teams to achieve milestones.
- Ability to query, process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Think analytically and know how to leverage data to prioritize features.
- Can envision a world different than the status quo and can clearly articulate the path to get there.
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Someone people like working with!
- 1+ years of Product Management experience in eCommerce, Ad Tech, Finance, Analytics, or Consulting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MBA a plus
- Prior eCommerce platform experience
- Prior experience with machine learning
- Ideally versed in both online and integrated retail environments
- Prior experience building systems that scale to hundreds of millions of events per day
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents