2019 Summer Intern - Supply Chain Operations
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1291233
What you'll do at
Supply Chain and Inventory Management Summer Internship program
The Walmart eCommerce team strives to provide a world-class selection of goods at the lowest price possible to the customer. The Supply Chain & Inventory Management team ensures we consistently have the right products, in the right place, at the right time to deliver a superior customer experience. From demand planning, vendor management, order management and capacity planning to partnering with retail, warehouse and transportation teams, our expanding omnichannel supply chain anticipates Walmart.com customers’ needs. We are not just getting customers what they want today, we’re disrupting the status quo with next generation tools and capabilities that will support the customer’s needs in the future, all while providing everyday low prices.
About the Internship
Supply Chain and Inventory Management Interns play a unique role in driving the future of supply chain. The 10-12 week project within the SCIM team focuses on analytics, optimization and process improvement in the Walmart.com supply chain to meet customer service and inventory goals. Our Interns have made a huge impact to the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. Example projects they worked on included:
- Providing end-to-end cost optimization analysis
- Assortment channel strategies
- Out of Stock and Extra Inventory Analysis
- Automating supply chain processes around Vendor On-Time Fulfillment, Holiday planning, Import inbounding and more
Your internship experience goes far beyond your assignment! Every day, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offerings ranging from brand knowledge to agile training. Through the intern executive speaker series, tech talks and work-team activities you will be able to gain greater knowledge on the company and the industry. Finally and most importantly, being an intern at Walmart eCommerce is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup basketball game, hanging out at company happy hours, or taking an intern-only catamaran cruise, there is always something going on. With New York City and San Francisco as your playground, the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless. Join us!
*Specific projects will be communicated when you start the internship.
We are looking for passionate, driven interns to join our best-in-class supply chain team and build the future of supply chain. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for tenaciously solving complex problems through data.
- Must be one year prior to graduating undergrad or grad school
- Strong GPA and a commitment to academics
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel modeling
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion with minimal direction
About San Bruno, CA and Hoboken, NJ
Want to live a stylish lifestyle while working at the Fortune 1? San Bruno and Hoboken are both minutes away from the world’s best restaurants and bars in San Francisco and New York City. Spend your summer exploring the vibrant night life, museums and historic parks while driving global-scale impact in supply chain. They’ll be within your grasp if you intern with us. 😊
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents