Planning Manager - Tools and Equipment
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1288828
What you'll do at
The Tools, Equipment, Industrial & Scientific team is looking for an individual who can collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and – above all else – think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for managing a dynamic business, team, and cross functional partners as they will be working with several groups across the organization.
As a Planning Manager, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your planning knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments for merchandise planning and inventory management
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains and executes financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for Merchandise Department; Oversees the placement and validation of buys within high-growth merchandise categories and departments and ensures maximization of financial metrics (sales, profit, turns etc.) in close partnership with the category management and supply chain teams
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met and summarizes issues/discrepancies. Provides input on key metrics for other category teams.
- Directs team to model, analyze and evaluate impact of key variables on business performance. Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on business performance.
- Partners with senior leadership in Planning to develop and implement category financial strategies and budgets.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies; Reviews and approves inventory projections and buying strategies. Oversees analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Manages placement of orders; Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions. Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
- 3+ years of eCommerce/retail experience
- Proficient in SQL
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents