Senior Software Engineer (React Native, React Web)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1287480
What you'll do at
Jet's Transportation team builds systems for ensuring that customers get packages on-time, economically and reliably. We provide several public facing features including: estimating delivery dates, package tracking and customer generated return labels.
Delivery is a core part of the customer experience in modern e-Commerce. Customers expect their orders on time, and as cheaply as possible. Transport's job is to optimize the supply chain to make that possible, from ensuring that the right product is delivered to our Fulfillment Centers, to choosing the best carrier and informing the customer where their package is. We're even responsible for making sure the right label is on the box!
Our Engineers get challenged building systems which handle hundreds of millions of events daily. The platform is an event driven (event sourced) system built largely in .NET and designed to run in the cloud (Azure) via micro-services.
We need a software engineer focused on the front-end to help us in solving hard engineering and business problems for a world class eCommerce platform.
Your main goals are to
Work with the core engineering & design team to implement a number of data-driven, laser-beam focused mobile & web apps.
Work in small iterations and rapidly prototype functionality in order to validate business hypotheses.
- Strong programming skills, with an interest in functional programming.
- Comfortable with building data-centric web apps (front-end only) using React and D3.
- Experienced with consuming web APIs & performing proper error handling.
- Someone who values automation. We don’t like solving the same problem manually over and over.
- Experience in mobile development using React Native.
- Solid understanding of the iOS platform and its development ecosystem.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills. Jet Engineers are highly collaborative, and we are looking for people who can work effectively in a distributed team setting.
- Excellent communication skills. Be effective with gathering requirements, explaining technical challenges to a non-technical audience, and generally be comfortable with exchanging feedback with the rest of the team on a regular basis, e.g. conducting and accepting feedback from code reviews.
Nice to have
- Exposure to event based asynchronous processing.
- Solid understanding of how to use data structures to solve problems optimally.
- Comfortable with working with Azure Active Directory for authentication/authorization, Azure Notification Hubs for push notifications, and Azure App Center for CI/CD.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents