Supply Chain Manager- San Bruno, CA
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1279796
What you'll do at
About the Job
We want passionate, driven, visionary leaders with track-records of performance to join us in building our best-in-class supply chain. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for managing their own business, as they will be given significant ownership over a portion of Walmart Ecommerce’s Supply Chain operations. This role will work closely with many other people in the organization especially the Fulfillment Center and Category management.
- Build, hire and mentor a team of managers and associates
- Partner with Category management team to meet business and operational targets
- Lead execution of daily processes with maniacal attention to detail – purchase inventory, troubleshoot problem items, and track orders to 100% accuracy
- Develop our next generation supply chain systems, working with our engineers to prioritize the most impactful improvements.
- Deliver immediate, proactive, whatever-it-takes support to our fulfillment centers
- Lead our team through your daily example, contributing to our values, our norms, our high standard of performance
- Monitors and reviews inbound/space/slots Open To Buy thresholds for the business
- Recommends demand forecast adjustments for a large book of business
- Reviews inventory levels for a large book of business and leads team in appropriate actions to maintain service levels and thresholds
- Provides recommendations for a large book of business to improve delivery efficiency, such as improving on-time delivery, offering faster shipping at no extra cost, optimizing fulfillment options (pickup, site-to-store) and improving fresh product delivery experience
- Manages all item and vendor replenishment parameters to ensure category business goals are met for large book of business
- Resolves highly complex SKU, receiving and/or vendor issues identified within the fulfillment center.
- Partners with category GM to execute plans and actions to support the category’s financial targets and objectives
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement
- 6+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail.
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities with minimum guidance.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must – expert in Microsoft Excel required and expert in Microsoft SQL a big plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents