Incubation Strategy Associate
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1259758
What you'll do at
Incubation Strategy Associate, Altitude Basecamp
Walmart US eCommerce – New York, New York
The Incubation Strategy Associate for the Altitude Basecamp division of Walmart US eCommerce will support the incubation team and senior leaders from incubated brand teams as they scale and grow. Working closely with the incubation team, as well as brand presidents and CMOs, you will support the development of new brand launches including evaluating market opportunities, researching industries, conducting competitive and trend analyses, assessing P&L, and determining the marketing investment required to support brand growth. You will also assist with evaluating prospective acquisition targets by meeting with founders and conducting due diligence to assess the opportunity.
You will also work to create standard operating procedures across the team to implement streamlined processes across legal, accounting and finance (which often requires creative problem solving!). Other aspects of your role will include optimizing administrative processes across the group including assisting with booking travel, office management, and data storage. You will be expected to keep the group organized and well-informed and will have the opportunity to work across brands and product categories in nearly every aspect of the business.
An ideal Incubation Strategy Associate is eager to learn, proactive, hyper-organized, and has a knack for process and measured decision-making. This is an exciting role for someone interested and looking to gain experience in e-commerce, startups, and brand building.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Incubation Strategy & Support: Our lean incubation team needs assistance as our brand portfolio grows and scales across different channels. You will be a pinch-hitter for this team, working on everything from industry analyses and board presentations to quick analyses and note consolidation.
Legal & Finance: A startup business inside of one of the largest companies in the world requires extra attention on legal contracts. You will be responsible for managing contracts and other legal documents through our pipeline, working closely with our legal teams and brand teams. You will also be responsible for working with the brand and accounting teams to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
Administrative & Office Management: As the incubation team grows, we need someone forward-thinking and detail-oriented to keep everyone organized. You will be expected to manage our cloud-filing, travel booking, large group scheduling, miscellaneous office management, and new hire setup and on-boarding.
- Support incubation team across a variety of strategic initiatives for new brand launches and acquisition targets
- Partner with incubation team, brand presidents, and CMOs to use data and insights to make informed decisions
- Think critically about business questions and tools available to answer them
- Optimize administrative processes across brand teams and incubation team, especially in cloud storage management, scheduling, and new hire on-boarding
- Own legal contracting processes and timelines across the team by keeping stakeholders on task and overseeing version control and work flow
- Ensure invoices are submitted to accounting and paid in a timely manner
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If playing in a jungle gym sounds more fun than climbing a ladder…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you have a passion for organization and process…
- Minimum 2 years of total work experience, including internships
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience in e-commerce or startups is a plus
- Experience or interest in legal work is a big plus
About Altitude Basecamp
Altitude Basecamp is building the next generation of DNVBs (digitally native vertical brands). Headquartered in New York, NY—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experiences and meaningful brands that customers love. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents