Category Manager, Fashion Bedding
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1248226
What you'll do at
About the Role
- Negotiates product costs, volume, etc. with brands for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Ensures proper distribution and pricing across warehouses and distributors for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Develops partnerships with retailers for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Supports GM in developing data-driven business plan for a low-to-moderately complex category with tangible execution steps
- Manages budgets, sets priorities and implements savings opportunities
- Ensures achievement of category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identifies (and executes upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Supports GM in managing P&L
- Manages all performance metrics for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of all item set up to ensure product line is accurately depicted in multiple systems for sales tracking for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Monitors product and category performance to identify improvement area and develops plans to drive enhanced results
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple systems and sites throughout the category
- Encourages and helps others to improve on current ways of working, promotes new and innovative ideas and recognizes/rewards good ideas.
- Maintains working knowledge of Inventory Management, Planning, and Site Merchandising as key to customer experience ownership for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Works with editors, writers and content sources to ensure category has the appropriate content, reviews and shop-ability features
- Collaborates with marketing team around category promotions
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Empowers associates within a low-to-moderately complex category to execute their tasks and make decisions
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Market Positioning and Analytics:
- Manages analysis for a low-to-moderately complex category, including themes and competitive landscape, to stay on the cutting edge of product and eCommerce advancements impacting own category
- Understands category site selection and product gaps in the category; works with team to close gaps
- Continually evolves the category's assortment strategy and logistics experience
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Has performance and career development conversations
- Maintains team motivation and engagement
- Mentors Category Specialists
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Ensures online presence supports desired shopper/customer experience for products within a low-to-moderately complex category across multiple websites, including product presentation, content, customer reviews and enhancements.
- Defines success for a low-to-moderately complex category and engages team to deliver business results consistent with category strategy
- Works with GM to ensure vision and strategy are aligned with the broader organization; Supports GM with strategy development as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, retail or related field OR 4 years of experience in business, retail or related field
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents