Category Specialist Lead, Children’s Apparel
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1238025
What you'll do at
The Category Specialist, Children’s Apparel, is responsible for ensuring a portion of the Children’s Apparel category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Walmart.com and Jet.com (and whatever other brands join our family). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Walmart.com and Jet.com first when they are shopping for Kids Apparel.
Inspire entry category specialists: You will begin to be a part of inspiring and training our category experts fresh out of college.
- Own your portion of the Children’s Apparel category – end to end – You will be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing. • Be an expert in all systems and processes required to manage your category.
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV, margin, and AUR), and identify levers to achieve those targets
- Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and manage any assortment gaps
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Begin to own vendor relationships autonomously
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing teams around editorial, affiliates, emails and on-site category promotions
- Depending on the category and your readiness, you may begin to manage a smaller team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
• If you have a passion for retail fashion…
• If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
• If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
• If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
• If you want to run your own company one day…
Previous experience owing a product category
Relevant site merchandising experience
Strong business acumen
Ability to form effective supplier relationships
Demonstrates leadership and collaboration across cross-functional teams
Exhibits flexibility during ambiguity
Bachelor degree in business or related field
- Two years experience as a category specialist or in related area such as pricing, site merchandising, planning or inventory
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents