Associate Product Manager, Native App Team
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1235656
What you'll do at
Associate Product Manager, Native App Team
About the Job
The Native App Team at Jet is responsible for defining the vision for and executing against the Jet digital consumer experience with a mobile-first mindset. The team partners with business stakeholders, research & analytics, UX design and engineering to define a customer-driven experience strategy that benefits our native app users. They are then responsible for forming and prioritizing a feature roadmap, partnering with design & engineering to execute against that roadmap. The Associate Product Manager will work closely with Product Managers to execute against this mission. The role will involve gathering & synthesizing customer feedback, researching competitors, writing feature specifications and requirements, as well as performing user acceptance testing and basic project management. The role offers a unique opportunity to learn the product manager’s skill set, including every aspect of the product management role, from discovery & design to technical implementation. The Native App team is looking for a self-motivated and diligent APM, who is willing to dig into the details, and go above & beyond to ensure the successful execution of the Jet customer experience roadmap.
Supporting the Native Product Managers in defining & executing the customer roadmap. Including but not limited to:
- Partnering with stakeholders to gather and synthesize input from across the organization
- Partnering with research to gather and synthesize user feedback
- Partnering with analytics to define success metrics, track & measure KPIs
- Partnering with Product Managers to identify and build features for our mobile customer
- Write feature requirements and specifications. Partner with engineering to ensure these requirements are clear and comprehensive.
- Ensure the status of projects are clearly communicated to the team and all stakeholders. Can include status report emails and presentations.
- Performing user acceptance testing and basic QA on features, support in the release management process.
- Support with administrative and project management tasks such as meeting scheduling and preparation, communication to stakeholders and identifying and escalating blockers.
- 2+ years of e-commerce, product/project management, consulting or start-up experience
- Excellent project management skills with extreme attention to detail
- Communication and relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration
- The desire to be both creative and technically-minded (interest in both design and analysis/metrics)
- Passion for and interest in the customer experience
- Experience using product management tools (JIRA, Trello) a plus
- Experience with Behavior Driven Design a plus
- Experience building mobile products a plus
- A sense of general curiosity and interest in understanding how things work an extremely large plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Jet is reshaping e-commerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken, NJ (just 10 mins from Manhattan), we are on the relentless pursuit of building the world’s greatest customer experience for shopping online. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it!
Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight - all while delivering our customers the best possible value on products they love (and we’re just getting started!). At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents