Product Manager - Technical Design and Innovation
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1228251
What you'll do at
Product Manager– Technical Design and Innovation
As a Product Manager, Technical Design and Innovation you will be responsible for owning all capabilities of the solution, linking with internal and external engineering teams, warehouse operations, and vendor technologies to build a solution to enable communication, orchestration, and optimized execution.
What you will be Working on
Lead the charge on creation of execution optimization solutions to support current and next generation operations (machines, processes, robotics, automation, autonomous vehicles etc.) for use within the extended Walmart e-commerce fulfillment network (including Walmart Sortable, Walmart Non-sortable, Jet sortable, Jet Fresh, Sam's Club, Hayneedle, Shoebuy, etc.) The ultimate goal is to lower Variable Cost Per Unit (VCPU) and Total Cost Per Unit (TCPU) by leveraging technology and software to drive optimization and steer execution.
In order to do this you will need to
• Understand the bigger picture of the end-to-end execution/automation vision and strategy, KPIs and financial models, and technology landscape
• Love linking solutions together to provide a best in class solution via the sum of the parts
• Maintain roadmap and backlog, by identifying and collecting inputs for features and enhancements to support the engineering strategy
• Stay current and maintain a network of solution providers in the WMS/WES/WCs, Robotics, MHE providers, AI, tele-matics, and other technology related fields
• Dive into technology vendors roadmaps to drive an influence features, functions, and capabilities required to support the Walmart Ecommerce vision.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams including, IT, Engineering, Operations, and vendors
How you’ll Know it’s right
Judgment - Make Sound Judgments - Uses objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices. Analyzes and integrates trends and patterns to determine the root causes of problems and identify solutions. Evaluates short- and long-term implications of decisions. Accurately forecasts growth, costs, and business challenges. Leverages experience to assess existing technologies, with the vision to see what could be, and can properly calculate risk to make sound judgements upon which technologies to pursue.
Customer/Member Centered - Promote a Customer/Member-Focused Environment - Creates and maintains an environment that provides customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences. Combines experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs. Develops and implements initiatives, practices, and plans to capitalize on customer/member-focused growth and improvement opportunities. Ensures the removal of barriers to delivering exceptional customer/member value, service, and support.
Execution and Results - Uses the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success. Creates an environment where associates are held accountable for achieving goals and results and breaks barriers to assist them in achieving the results. Applies broad, cross-functional knowledge and resources to produce results that best fit the company strategy. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure accomplishment of critical results. Makes sure desired change initiatives and priorities are implemented appropriately.
Planning and Improvement - Sets and communicates clear and aligned goals, monitors progress, and ensures leaders in own organization do the same. Develops and implements plans and practices ensuring others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to succeed. Develops and upgrades work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies, where appropriate. Sponsors continuous improvement and elimination of non-value-added work. Coaches, teach and mentors others with respect to Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Design for Six Sigma, design for Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), etc. as appropriate.
Influence and Communicate - Develops and communicates logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for one's perspectives and initiatives. Builds diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational changes, goals, and priorities. Develops vision and strategy that is clear and easily articulated. Ensures strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Listens to, leverages, and promotes the diverse ideas, perspectives, and contributions of others across the business.
Ethics and Compliance - Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identifies opportunities and acts to enhance compliance. Ensures associates receive the communication and instruction needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
Strategy - Creates strategies for own organization that align with the company's strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities. Pursues initiatives, investments, and opportunities that fit with and support company strategies. Assesses deliverables against leading industry practices and implements plans that leverage company advantages. Works through different strategic options and determines their intended and unintended implications, and applies to business planning.
Adaptability: Demonstrate Adaptability - Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities (for example, seeking out training, learning from experience, researching best practices, new emerging technologies and companies that can be leveraged for future solutions). Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Sponsors programs and initiatives to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
Build Relationships: Build Internal and External Relationships - Builds and sustains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals. Sponsors initiatives and programs that promote respect for, interest in, and support of associates. Ensures associates are treated in an accepting, respectful manner.
Travels domestically to and from Hoboken, Bentonville, San Bruno and all Walmart and Jet facilities or work-sites to participate in meetings, workshops, project deployments, company events, etc. requiring overnight stays. Some international travel may be required (Percent of travel = 50% or more)
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for Software engineering. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in product management and software development in the robotics or automation field
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related field
• Extremely organized with great attention to detail
• Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
• Solid experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems
• Proven industry experience creating and deriving APIs
• Experience with C++, Java, F#, C#, or Python
• Experience with MongoDB, RabbitMQ, REST and JSON
• Experience with ROS
• Experience with Azure or other cloud based systems
• Experience with Robotics, automation, or other logistic systems
• Experience with warehouse management systems, warehouse execution systems, or warehouse control systems
• Previous experience in either startup or consulting roles
• Understands the importance of operations in production systems (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents