Planning Manager, Entertaining Rooms
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1221550
What you'll do at
As a Planning Manager 1, you are a key thought partner to the category managers and are responsible for managing sales, profit and inventory plans for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. As a Planning Manager 1, you will provide expert advice and coaching to Planning Specialists to align efforts amongst varying perspectives.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale.
- Thought partner for Category Managers.
- Analyzes performance against financial plan and forecast (sales by channel, profit, marketing) for category and make recommendations to improve the business to meet the financial objectives.
- Provides standardized weekly recaps to Category Managers.
- Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (sales by channel, profit, aur) for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Manages and executes category budgets, seasonal and campaign buy plans and line review financials.
- Prepare Joint Business Planning analysis in collaboration with category team.
- Reviews vendor forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy.
- Forecasts all metrics in OTB and provide summary to category team.
- Manages forecast meetings, processes and decision making for category.
- Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance.
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Develops inventory and buying strategies for the category in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Has performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planning Specialists.
- 4-6 years of experience in planning and buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Advanced Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents