Category Specialist Lead, Children’s Apparel
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1221287
What you'll do at
The Category Specialist Lead, Children’s Apparel, is responsible for ensuring a portion of the Children’s Apparel category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s eCommerce brands – Walmart.com and Jet.com (and whatever other brands join our family!) Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Walmart.com and Jet.com first when they are shopping for Kid's Apparel!
- Own your portion of the Children’s Apparel category – end to end – You will be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing
- Be an expert in all systems and processes required to manage your category
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV, Margin, and AUR), and identify levers to achieve those targets
- Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and manage any assortment gaps
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Inspire, mentor, and coach Category Specialists on your team
- Own supplier relationships autonomously
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness and adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing teams around editorial, affiliates, emails and on-site category promotions
- Depending on the category and your readiness, you may begin to manage a smaller team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
• If you have a passion for retail fashion…
• If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
• If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
• If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
• If you want to run your own company one day…
What You Should Have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
- 3-6 years of relevant professional experience within eCommerce, Retail Merchandising or Category Management
- An interest in the fashion industry and a passion for the evolving retail landscape
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- A founder’s mentality and bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; Scrutinize your assortment and polish the customer experience
- Strong communication and team work skills; Demonstrates leadership and collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- An overall strong business acumen, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to learn quickly; absorbing information and experiences and applying them
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started!
Travel as needed. Immigration sponsorship will not be available for this position at this time
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents