Systems and Tools Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1211719
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group’s Operations team is hiring an Internal Systems and Tools Specialist that will be responsible to understand, communicate, and to discover ways we can scale or improve operational efficiency. He or she will need to be able to understand how all the Walmart and partner systems interact through the life of the media campaign and reporting deliverables.
Internal Systems and Tools specialist will closely work the System and Internal Tools Manager to maintains close relationships with the Engineering, Product partners, 3rd party partners, that are necessary to develop and improve advertising products and internal tools. We are champions of the internal tools, data schema, and data architecture, He or she will be advocating for feature requests and offering product improvements backed by data-driven insights.
The Internal Systems and Tools plays a key role in Walmart Media Group’s success, supporting Operations, Sales teams, advertisers, and products that enhance business growth potential, while driving the strategy and technology behind the online advertising and platform products we offer, focusing on providing scalable product solutions and reliable information, based on consultative analysis and timely communications.
As a System and Internal Tools Specialist, you'll be responsible for planning, documenting system workflows, designing data schemas, and coordinating efforts across multiple teams, such as Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Category Merchants, and Sales.
- Communicate and proper resolutions of system challenges within specific timelines
- Train internal Walmart Media Group team members on relevant Walmart Systems
- Build relationships and gather feedback across key stakeholders to improve Internal tools
- Document system workflows, 3rd party integrations flows, and data schemas for internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the Internal Systems and Tools Manager to build a strategy around how to improve operational efficiencies across CRM, Order Management system, and advertising systems to maximize service to advertisers
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with planning, designing, and documenting system workflows, 3rd party integrations flows, and data schemas for internal stakeholders
- Understanding of technical design; with the ability to pick up technical concepts quickly and learn when to apply them
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders; excellent communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills, with the ability to pull from many different data sources and provide insights on that data.
- Experience with one of the following programming languages (MySQL or R)
- Some experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, or Spark
- Experience working in a technical capacity, or directly with Product Management and Engineering.
- Knowledge of AdTech, advertising, or online ads landscape
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents