Media Planning & Operations Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1211719
What you'll do at
Overall responsibility for executing media planning and management to support the advertising and business goals of the Walmart Media Group.
• You are responsible for implementing the best mix of media channels with a focus on identifying and optimizing across all platforms to find most cost efficient and effective way to reach target audiences.
• Establish operational excellence and ensure we have strong plans and KPIs in place at a business unit level across eCommerce
• Develop and implement go-to-market strategies, e.g. for new markets, products, or org design
• Provide business analytic expertise (e.g. revenue, partner, market and competitive trends and insights) to help drive initiatives critical to ongoing growth
• Generate insights into both internal team and external market performance which includes vertical/sub-vertical/partner performance, product adoption, leading KPI indicators, goal vs. actuals
• Lead operational reviews and rhythm of the business to drive decision-making and review progress on vertical goals and priorities (e.g. monthly/quarterly business reviews)
• Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization
• Stay on top of market trends and changes in the competitive landscape, and share appropriate insights with the team
• Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
• Collect & analyze data, information, and research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, etc.) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issue
• Problem solving and analysis experience and experience driving projects from strategy to execution
• Experience developing or overseeing quantitative analysis and deriving insights
• Experience leading, influencing and executing at all cross-functional levels of an organization
• 7+ years of experience in strategic planning, sales operations, business operations, research & analytics and/or strategy consulting
• Strong analytical skills, technical know-how and strategic thinking with hands on experience creating insights from using digital data.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with advanced knowledge of data mining techniques and analysis of large data sets incorporating both quantitative and qualitative information.
• A working understanding of relational databases and data interrogation techniques with the ability to identify, combine and extract relevant data from various sources.
• A proven track record of managing multiple, simultaneous, complex, multi-functional projects to tight deadlines.
• Experience with marketing databases, segmentation, clustering, profiling and modelling tools as well as web analytics
• Understanding of developing A/B, multivariate testing and multi-touch attribution.
• Expertise in online / digital media with working knowledge of offline media.
• Develops and executes innovative media strategies and programs.
• Develops the right strategic allocation of media resources across all media channels (linear, non-linear, programmatic etc)
• Demonstrates expertise in and knowledge of digital and emerging media platforms
• Identifies opportunities for new strategic partnerships and platforms
• Utilizes effective data and insights: competitive, marketing mix model allocations, targeting (first and third party)
• Establishes media strategies and success metrics for advertising campaigns
• Demonstrates a complete understanding of the business, objectives and goals and delivers the right data points to agency for optimal media output
• Works with internal teams on reporting for all media campaigns
• Communication experience
• Experience working in Excel, PowerPoint
• Be the client facing subject matter expert, understanding their needs, deep-diving into the data to make strategic recommendations and provide insight on strategic audience & media strategies.
• Deliver transformational insight, with core accountability for: Audience Analytics, Big Data, and DMP insights.
• Applying sophisticated modeling and analytical techniques to tackle client problems as needed.
• Produce “User-Journey” deliverables and Help to drive decision making through data manipulation and visualization.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents