Manager, Partnership Business Development
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1204196
What you'll do at
About the Job
The Affiliates & Partnerships team at Jet & Walmart combines rigorous quantitative analysis with creative optimization and business innovation. We focus on developing high-touch, high-impact relationships that can move the needle for our overall business, support the needs of our category-based retail teams, and deliver performance-based results. We’re looking for someone to play a significant role in forming new partnerships to support the growth of the overall affiliate channel and drive the topline of our business.
About the Role
As a Manager, Partnership Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying, prospecting, and securing new marketing partnerships with publishers, service providers, and third-party partners.
In this role, you will be a prominent face of the Jet and Walmart brands when working with external partners, publishers, and affiliate networks. A strong candidate will have great partnership and collaboration skills and love working cross-functionally as part of a team, yet comfortable approaching prospects on their own. This is an ideal position for a candidate who thrives on external outreach, has incredible sales skills, and a quantitative mind for negotiating effective business terms.
- Support business development targets for the Affiliate & Partnerships team across both Jet.com and Walmart.com
- Collaborate closely with category marketing leads to understand retail-based business objectives and secure partnerships that deliver against those objectives
- Utilize in-house and third-party data and research tools to identify and prioritize prospective partners for marketing initiatives
- Accurately forecast economics of potential deal terms, maximizing chance of success and minimizing risk to the business
- Go after, negotiate, and secure pilot programs with target list of partners, primarily focused within the grocery and household consumables space
- Track and report on partner success, liaising with partner in a high-touch capacity to improve performance and optimize the relationship
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve internal processes, workflows, and handoffs between teams, and then take lead in refining those process
- Nurture and optimize partnerships to point of maturity and proper handoff to core affiliate team for sustained “always-on” programming
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development role.
- Extreme attention to detail, strong proficiency in Excel.
- Comfortable working in a data-driven environment.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills with both external and internal stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to regularly travel to our other offices in Arkansas & California.
- Enthusiasm and experience in ecommerce and consumer marketplaces.
- Understanding of affiliate marketing and how it fits within an omnichannel strategy.
- Knowledge of affiliate networks, Omniture, multi-touch attribution.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents