Director, Social Media Innovation & Programming (Walmart US)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1204143
What you'll do at
Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 260 million customers and members visit our more than 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 sales of approximately $486 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide.
Our purpose of saving people money so they can live better is based on our core values and culture of service to the customer; respect for the individual; strive for excellence; and act with integrity. Our strategy to deliver on this commitment is founded on the objectives of making everyday easier for busy families; changing how we work; delivering results and operating with discipline; and being the most trusted retailer. Our ultimate success depends on creating shared value for all stakeholders: customers, associates, communities and shareholders.
We are at a unique point in our company history and in the history of retail. We are changing our way of thinking and working as we develop a truly omnichannel customer experience and organization. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join us on that journey.
About the Social Media team
The Social Media marketing team is responsible for our national, social media brand presence (e.g., our @walmart handles). Our team’s mission is to help build and strengthen the Walmart brand through both compelling storytelling and authentic social interactions. Through our work, our team connects with consumers on an unprecedented scale. We’re looking for creative, forward thinking, and data-driven social media marketers to help shape social content and engagement for the world’s largest retailer at this pivotal moment in our company history.
About the Role
Walmart’s Social Media team is seeking a seasoned social media leader to focus on identifying, building and executing powerful social platform ideas that drive cultural relevancy for the brand. This individual’s responsibilities will include:
- Planned Content Programming: Building out and leading the execution of platform-specific programming/content streams to insert Walmart at the forefront of social innovation, with a specific focus on video and live content. This programming calendar should be centered around (and actively be changing) based on social industry developments and updates.
- Reactive Content: The social media team is consistently presented with opportunities to react to news, buzzworthy stories, inbound shout-outs from high profile customers, or other situations that warrant social responses with a quick turnaround that can be leveraged to promote relevancy. The Director of Social Programming & Innovation will create and solidify a rapid response strategy for these situations, and lead the team to execute them on an on-call basis when these situations arise in a timely fashion to maximize potential buzz.
- Social-First Content for Brand Campaigns: While broader marketing campaigns are being developed, this individual will contribute the development of large-scale, multi-channel campaigns to ensure the brand is implementing social-first activations that drive innovation and relevancy.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree, with 8-10+ years of experience in marketing, content programming and/or brand content (or similar field). The last several years of your career should have a dominant focus in social media.
- Exceptional knowledge of social industry best practices and up-to-date with platform changes as they happen.
- An always-on mentality.
- Knowledge of how social execution actually works, because you’ve been in the trenches before. This helps you to plan content, understand what is and is not attainable, and coach others effectively.
- Experience managing agency partners, internal team members, and contractors.
- Experience with working with brands at scale.
- Equal parts analytical & creative. You make it a habit to take internal and external performance data into account when you’re ideating.
- Comfortable working in both nimble start-up environments and navigating large corporations.
- Have a can-do, roll-up sleeves attitude.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment; Comfortable working with a remote team that spans several office locations.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- Ability and willingness to travel – and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, when needed.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents