PhD Computational Linguistics - Data Science Internship
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1058454
What you'll do at
- Assist in building a knowledge graph/ontology specifically for online e-commerce.
- Propose and run research experiments around linguistic phenomena.
- Help in building predictive models using machine learning techniques in one of the key areas like natural language processing, information retrieval, product classification, entity recognition.
- Extract and transform data from existing data stores, perform ad-hoc analyses, and report analysis results.
- Assist managers with finding patterns and relationships in data.
- Provide linguistic expertise and direction for language specific natural language processing (NLP) tasks like ontology creation, knowledge graphs, etc.
- Experience in semantics, syntax, morphology, phonetics, phonology, lexicography and/or corpus linguistics.
- Experience with data cleaning, preparation, and feature building and selection techniques.
- Prior hands-on experience with Python, Java, or C/C++.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Senior or Junior year Ph.D. student in Computational Linguistics or Linguistics
Jet’s mission is to create the best e-commerce experience in the world that can only be backed by cutting edge technology. Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies to perfect a revolutionary pricing engine that will help customers save money on nearly everything. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. We believe that the best engineers are the ones who have a willingness to share knowledge, a desire to learn and most importantly, a passion for all things technology. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
You are going to look great in Purple - Join Us!
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents