Senior Software Engineer, Systems Observability
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1022842
What you'll do at
Jet's engineering team built the platform that runs Jet.com in 2014 from the ground up -- it’s distributed and event driven. In our highly distributed, modern architecture, we face increasing visibility challenges. The popular monitoring tools we use are not able to capture the full details of the unpredictable and complex interactions between services. Our engineers need mature monitoring and introspection tools for proper diagnosis, root cause analysis, anomaly detections and to answer questions related to their systems.
This position will be part of Jet’s platform group and help us build the platform for measuring and monitoring infrastructure/every mission-critical application. We heavily use open source technologies and standards, and are already exploring a few tracing/monitoring solutions that may fit our needs. There is a lot to do and a lot of leeway to define the roadmap. We are open to researching new tracing architectures and techniques.
Skills & Requirements
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with cloud delivery platforms, Azure/AWS/GCE
- Building high-leverage tools for engineers where engineers are our customers
- Tracing (OpenTracing, Zipkin, Jaeger)
- Automated correlation and anomaly detection
- Site reliability engineering
- Hands on experience with one or more programming languages
- Working knowledge of running and tuning applications in production
- Hands on experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Mesos / Nomad
- Attention to detail in their code and output
Technologies We Use...
Microsoft Azure, Nomad, Prometheus, Docker, F#, Golang, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Vagrant, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, EventStore, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server, New Relic, Splunk, Nagios, PagerDuty
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
See what we’ve been up to
"A New & Improved Saving Experience" // by Jessica Anerella, Product Design at Jet.com
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents