Senior Manager II - Customer Platform Engineering - Walmart Labs
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 997650BR
What you'll do at
At our Bentonville office, we have a strong team of engineers helping accelerate innovative strategic initiatives. They collaborate seamlessly across Walmart Technology and Walmart eCommerce through a highly engaged, talent dense, global agile delivery model.
The Global Data and Analytics Platforms (GDAP) team @ Walmart Labs provides Data Foundation Infrastructure, Visualization Portal, Machine Learning Platform, Customer platform and Data Science products that form part of core platforms and services that drive Walmart business. The group also develops analytical products for several verticals like supply chain, pricing, customer, HR etc.
Customer Platform team is part of GDAP and is responsible for creating the Customer Platform which is a one stop shop for all customer analytics for Walmart. The team is responsible for time critical, business critical and highly reliable systems that influence almost every part of the Walmart business. The team is spread over multiple locations across US and India. The Bentonville centre owns critical end to end pieces, that we design, build and support.
As a Senior Manager at Walmart Labs, you’ll have the opportunity to help define, implement, manage and deliver Customer Platform that will power key customer interactions through data and insights. You will be developing technical strategies for applications and systems by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap. You will help in building & managing a high performing team that can work directly with global markets in delivering scalable local solutions in line with the global design. One of the key components of this role includes leading key digital relationships initiatives that bring together the physical and online personas of our customer.
• Build, develop and guide high-performing talent for the customer technology vertical. Define a long term talent strategy cutting across technology and business analyst (Functional) roles.
• Engage with leadership in US and India centers and set up strategy and priorities for the team
• Adapt and deliver on the Agile strategy for the team.
• Create a collaborative environment across geography for delivering best services to the customers around the globe
• Handle budget planning, spend and tracking for your area of responsibility. The budget will be across headcount and 3rd party contractors.
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
• Provide supervision, mentoring and development opportunities for associates and managers who report into you.
•12+ years of experience in various elements of full stack – front end, back end, data and insights.
•Technical leadership in design, implementation and support of large scale data and analytics solutions that are highly reliable, flexible, and scalable.
•Significant experience in building Big Data systems using technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka etc.
•Extremely strong technical background with the capability of being hands-on if required and earn the respect and ability to mentor top individual technical talent.
•Good experience of working with globally distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner.
•Excellent interpersonal skills, good with people, ability to negotiate.
•When you add the numbers, you will realize that this role will probably help influence the largest pool of customers anywhere in the world. If that gives you goose bumps – then you are the kind of candidate we want!
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts