Business Development Lead, Home Marketplace (San Bruno, CA)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 993439BR
What you'll do at
• Partner with key functional partners such as account management, customer insight group and merchandising team to identify a list of unique selection that we need to acquire and onboard to our platform in order to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
• Research and develop a target list of sellers that have the identified selection above.
• Develop and execute a seller acquisition strategy (source, evaluate, and close deals) that enable us to achieve our new seller onboarding targets.
• Identify, prioritize and lead strategic projects (from problem definition to strategy formulation and implementation planning/execution) to enhance the customer experience for Marketplace selection.
• Perform ad hoc analyses and deep dive of Salesforce.com data
The Business Development Lead, Home Marketplace will play a key role in defining the selection and seller acquisition strategy that will drive rapid growth in Home Marketplace assortment to fulfill the needs of Walmart customers. This position requires the ability to collaborate with the Merchandising, Category Management, and Technical Integration teams to acquire and onboard new sellers to bring new and unique selection that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Develops and implements strategy for multiple or complex departments or categories
- Drives alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for the Walmart.com merchandising/services area
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages multiple or complex product or service assortment and delivery channels
- Oversees and directs the creation and execution of new feature and product development roadmaps
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Online ecommerce and/or Marketplace experience desired
• Demonstrated success in business development, sales operations, including strategic planning, execution and continuous improvement
• Detail oriented with excellent organization and communication skills and strong follow through
• Ability to travel
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents