Senior Manager, Finance - M&A Acceleration
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 991138BR
What you'll do at
This position will partner with FP&A, retail finance and acquisitions to drive the financial planning, forecast and integration into Walmart processes. The position will require significant cross-functional work and relationship building across the FP&A, accounting and retail teams. Finally, this individual will be a strong and inspirational leader to raise the bar on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent to continue to build our world class finance team. As a result, candidates should possess the interpersonal skills necessary to function effectively as an ambassador and service provider while maintaining fiduciary responsibilities.
Budgeting/ Planning (20%)
•Create long range plan, annual capital, operating and overhead budgets in partnership with the retail teams
•Support monthly P&L review process by reviewing actual results versus plan, preparing monthly variance reports for business owners, and analyzing key performance drivers
Lead the development of the annual business plans and presentations for executive review meetings
•Collaborate with planning to develop monthly financial forecasts that incorporate current business trends and strategies
•Quantify and articulate risks and opportunities in achieving forecasts and prepare “cause of change” reports
•Create ad-hoc forecasts as needed during key periods to provide insights into areas of risk and opportunity and influence business strategies
Analysis and Driving Business Results(30%)
•Consolidate and report results to senior management
•Establish and lead processes to co-ordinate analysis across the Retail Finance organization to explain results and highlight risks and opportunities across several P&L lines both at recurring review meetings and in response to ad hoc queries
•Lead ad hoc deep dive analysis and participate in cross-functional initiatives to understand and respond to emerging business conditions
•Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with key business partners to ensure alignment on strategies to maximize financial results
•Review trends to identify, communicate, and take action on opportunities to leverage expense
•Conduct ad-hoc analyses and build financial models to inform strategies, investment recommendations, and new business opportunities
Accounting Support (30%)
• Monitor P&L lines during monthly financial close; be able to discuss variances to forecast and plan
• Develops and executes financial planning processes for assigned areas (for example, Merchandising, Marketing departments)
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Oversees performance management activities
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides input for business decisions
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Reviews and develops forecasting process for assigned operations, divisions, and departments
• 7+ years of related work experience in a finance-related field (including management consulting, investment banking, big five accounting, corporate finance within Fortune 500)
• 3+ years of experience in eCommerce finance.
• 3 years of experience in retail finance.
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
• Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Digital Media experience a plus
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents