- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 986351BR
What you'll do at
• Partner with category marketing & merchandising to support key product launches, programming, and seasonal initiatives.
• Provide reporting & data analysis to problem solve, identify opportunities and communicate key performance trends to the organization.
• Developing, overseeing and executing initiatives to increase paid search traffic and revenue.
• Work closely within a cross-functional digital store team to uncover customer insights that will help advance the business.
• Monitor competitive best practices, keep up with industry trends and introduce new ideas for improving performance.
• Full funnel search marketing: strategy, ads, bids, landing pages, & reporting.
• Ownership of the tactical direction, optimization, spend, and P&L of specific campaigns in your defined area of responsibility.
• Use data and appropriate analysis to make informed decisions on bids, ad copy, and landing page performance.
• Clean up data from disparate sources and generate valuable insights.
• Run reporting and communication of results/ideas within the marketing and product teams.
• Ideate, develop, and implement strategies to automate repetitive tasks and reporting.
• Working closely with design and product/tech teams to streamline and optimize the consumer experience and conversion funnels for specific products and sites to be marketed.
- Achieves marketing objectives for one or more key segments
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Develops annual plan(s) for one or more key segments
- Drives sales growth and changes in customer attitudes and behaviors for one or more key segments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Manages project and initiative performance
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Very strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
• Strong consumer marketing experience and passion for retail and e-commerce.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Strong SQL programming skills are preferred.
• Experience with data wrangling and analysis in R/Rstudio or Python is desired (e.g. with dplyr or pandas)
• Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive targets and deadlines
• Understanding of Wal-Mart’s brand promise and the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging.
• Machine learning knowledge a big plus (e.g. LASSO Regression, Random Forests, GBM, ARIMA, Data Clustering).
• Experience with APIs a plus.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents