Senior Content Strategist, UX
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 974792BR
What you'll do at
We need your Spanish content expertise to support key strategic initiatives in Walmart’s Mexico eCommerce Division. We look to the Content Strategist to envision how to help people save money and live better with Walmart, and to bring that vision to life. Content Strategists help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers around the world. To do this you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other content strategists, architects, designers, researchers, product managers and engineers. You’ll help the Mexico team define customer needs, then develop the tone & voice for content across 5 platforms from start to finish.
As the Content Strategist, you are responsible for drafting and implementing a wide variety of support content that is both internal and external-facing. You will work closely with the other cross-functional team members, including analysts, to define and implement the desired experience and take ownership for developing and iterating support content designed to improve customer experience and resolution quality, and measure the performance of the content you create.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead in the creation of business and customer product experiences.
• Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
• Focus on customer needs and continuously improve content to increase customer comprehension, product adoption and issue resolution.
• Help users figure out what to do next with perceptive decisions about language and wording choices.
• Solve complex problems and work with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
• When you look at Walmex banners, you will see multiple easy ways we could restructure our navigation, data, content, checkout flow, or page elements to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer –and you’re excited to tell us about them.
• Work closely with your team to develop new processes and content that reflects strategic changes, product updates, and support style guides related to any given line of business
• Draft and implement content across a wide variety of platforms - internal knowledge bases and external facing customer resources.
• Collaborate with other teams to iterate and experiment with policy, process and content (language, tone, format, etc.) to strive for the highest possible level of quality and consistency
• Partner with the training team to commission line of business-specific training courses and curriculum, communicating often to align on goals and expectations
• Track performance and share best practices throughout the organization while iterating as needed
• Mentor other team members on best practices.
• Familiarity with accessibility standards and how to write for screen readers.
• Excellent time & project management skills and ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
• A constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Highly organized, process oriented.
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years with digital content creation experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – English and Spanish.
• You are a wordsmith - you’re quick to understand the necessary tone for any given Walmart banners and craft content that resonates as a result.
• Experience in customer support
• Experience with A/B testing
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents