Manager, Supply Chain Innovation & Business Development
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 974598BR
What you'll do at
· Fulfillment Center (FC) Capacity Sourcing. Solve for potential floor space and fulfillment capacity shortage during peak seasons and low utilization during off-peak by partnering with new parties. Investigate and pursue new mutually beneficial operating models.
· Fulfillment Channel Optimization. Partner with merchants and vendors to identify top candidate assortment for channel shift (owned fulfillment center network to drop ship vendor (DSV) network and vice versa), coordinate/manage the transition process, and measure progress.
Supply Chain Transformation
· Packaging Optimization. Manage and improve packaging process at our fulfillment centers, including partnering with vendors to identify and implement most effective solutions for a variety of assortment. Measure and improve relevant KPIs, including damaged in transit rates, product return rates, and others.
· Omnichannel Network Development. Collaborate with brick-and-mortar, eCommerce, and network strategy teams to support the development and implementation a new omnichannel network strategy for Sam’s Club.
· Order Delivery Status. Own and manage the tools/mechanisms that provide order delivery status information. Improve member experience by increasing awareness/communication, automating/improving delivery scheduling, and expand visibility of delivery status to all eCommerce channels (e.g. drop-ship vendor).
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience, preferably including a mix of retail, eCommerce, and supply chain.
• Highly developed analytical, strategic-thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
• Demonstrated experience in business development/strategic partnerships including insights development and communication to senior leadership.
• Proven experience leading and managing complex, cross-organizational projects is critical, preferably in a supply chain/operations environment.
• An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as applying an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical.
• 2+ years of experience at a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or VC/PE firms.
• Professional experience with BI/visualization tools (Tableau), SQL/data warehouse (Teradata), expert-level spreadsheet modeling.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents