Senior Network Engineer Cybersecurity-Walmart Tech
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 972308BR
What you'll do at
- The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining information/network security systems. The incumbent must possess skills that enable him or her to troubleshoot and maintain security applications and equipment that support a global network.
- Lead the strategic design and architecture of a complex, high-scale enterprise security programs that protect all levels of the OSI model.
- Responsible for designing and implementing security policies utilizing next generation firewall technologies.
- Provide guidance and mentorship for operations support staff in a distributed international setting.
- Integrate new systems and applications with existing environments.
- Assist with the decommission or migration of existing environments.
- Assist with vulnerability mitigation.
- Write technical documents as necessary describing base security requirements and architecture.
- Document policies and operating procedures.
The successful candidate must have a proven technical-security background, with emphasis on identity and security technologies, including an understanding of Information Security fundamentals (such as the ISC2's Common Body of Knowledge, United Kingdom's Common Criteria, and ISO 17799). A strong desire to promote solid Information Security awareness/practice throughout the enterprise is critical, as the candidate will be asked to provide subject matter expertise to other areas inside enterprise. The incumbent will serve as a liaison between Network Security and various constituencies (IT, Marketing, Legal, Networking, external vendors / partners, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
- Candidate Requirements
- Demonstrable expertise with next generation firewall technologies and methodologies.
- Knowledge of IDPS functionality and procedures.
- Knowledge of identity and access management platforms.
- Ability to utilize identity and access governance framework and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of PCI requirements as it pertains to environment security, monitoring, and alerting.
- Basic system administration skills for Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and vulnerabilities within a TCP/IP environment.
- Familiar with fundamental networking concepts.
- Must be able to work well in team environment.
- Independent problem solver; self-directed, self-starting.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good personal organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work issues via ticketing system.
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic operations environment.
- Available and willing to be in a 24x7 on call rotation.
- Experience in at least one of the following is a plus:
- Shell Scripting
- Strong understanding of security fundamentals and architecture
- Strong understanding of system design.
- Security system deployment methodology
- Defense in depth strategies
Security Product Knowledge
- Experience with Fortinet, Palo Alto and/or Cisco firewalls.
- Experience with Cisco ACS/ISE authentication systems
- Experience with Tipping Point or other IDPS platforms a plus
- Experience with wireless technologies
Certification / License
- CISSP / CISM (Preferred)
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents