Database Security Engineer Cybersecurity-WMTech
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 964335BR
What you'll do at
• Work with Relational Databases such as MySQL, Informix, Oracle and SQL Server
• Work with NoSQL Databases such as Hadoop and Cassandra
• Preform database security reviews and enforcement
• Able to drive automation of installation, configuration, monitoring, operational and support for database security tools
• Design, implement and maintain and audit the access control and data protection methods deployed within the organization
• Assists in development of systems and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
• Support problem resolution; consult and advise in application design and tuning; plan, organize and execute product benchmarks for threshold and functionality
• Provide data administration support of the development and maintenance of production and non-production database environments for distributed applications
• Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
• Review ongoing and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement
• Review technical documentation to verify compliance with PM requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
• Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years.
• 2+ years of experience with scripting and automating database tasks
• 2+ years of production support or technology administration supporting internal systems
• 2+ years of Linux/UNIX background
• 2+ years of Windows Server background
• Demonstrated experience working in a virtualized environment
• Experience in scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.)
• Experience in creating technical documentation
• Working knowledge of storage systems and automation
• Microsoft Certified System administrator SQL Server 20XX (MCSA SQL 2008,12)
• Oracle Certified Associate
• MySQL, MySQL Cluster, MySQL Replication
• Oracle RAC
• Microsoft SQL Server PowerShell scripting
• Software development experience (Java preferred)
• Familiarity of project management principles
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents