Director – Social Strategy and Channels
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Corporate Affairs & Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 960736BR
What you'll do at
- Provide oversight into the strategy and community management for Corporate Affairs’ owned social media channels, including: Walmart Today Facebook, Walmart Today Twitter, Walmart Today Instagram, Walmart Newsroom Twitter and Walmart LinkedIn. In addition, provide oversight for Careers social channels and engagement
- Develop and execute strategies for paid social media executions, which increase the reach of our stories across key audiences
- Manage the strategic approach for the executives on social program
- Provide Social Media strategy and execution for Walmart corporate events, to include Saturday Morning Meetings, Shareholders, Sustainability Summit, etc.
- Align various communications efforts into a consistent approach
- Develop a deep understanding of analytics regarding channel performance, target audience insights, trends and digital behaviors in order to adjust communications approach accordingly
- Establish key measures and report out on the communication accomplishments on a regular basis
- Oversight and responsibility for corporate affairs owned social channels
- Serve as confidant and counselor to key clients and stakeholders
- Significant interface with social engagement agency to guide strategy and execution
- Manage agency partners responsible for delivering social media monitoring and strategy counsel
- Motivate, mentor and develop the team’s staff
Develops and drives the digital channels strategy for Corporate Affairs by collaborating with senior leadership on the overall direction for Corporate Affairs messaging; researching industry trends and best practices in digital communication methods; determining needed digital channels in order to execute the strategy; directing the use of vendors in the execution of channel strategies.
Directs digital advocacy strategy by developing vision for internal and external advocacy digital platforms; monitoring and managing responses to social media handles, websites and blogs critical of Walmart, company leadership, and policies; forecasting and reporting website metrics (for example, traffic, engagement, conversion); developing strategic communications and messaging to mitigate damage to company's reputation; and developing rapid response, outreach, and third-party validation plans for crisis communications events.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field and 5 years experience in digital communications, marketing, or related field OR 7 years experience in digital communications, marketing, or related field.
- 3 years Walmart experience in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- 3 years experience developing and executing a social media strategy.
- 3 years experience developing and executing a web media strategy.
- 5 years experience in developing digital communication channels.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents