Associate Manager, Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain & Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 958202BR
What you'll do at
As a whole, Walmart.com’s goal is to provide the best possible customer experience while leveraging expenses in order to deliver additional value in the form of lower prices for our consumers. The Transportation team executes to that goal each and every day.
Core responsibilities of the Transportation Finance Senior Analyst will include:
1. Analyzing Performance of Supply Chain/Transportation (30%)
• Generate analyses, presentations, and recommendations in support of the team to improve efficiency and reduce the operating costs of the current and future Walmart.com Transportation network
• Develop, refine, and report on KPIs (key performance indicators) for the Operations leadership team and Walmart.com executive management
• Develop relationships and partner with other Walmart.com functional areas such as Engineering, Product Management, Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Customer Service, and others to ensure we are providing the best customer experience possible
• Develop relationships with Wal-Mart Stores Logistics and Transportation in Bentonville as well as other operational groups to best leverage existing assets
2. P&L Analysis and Management (30%)
• Responsible for building P&L dashboards to track daily/weekly/monthly shipping expense at a granular level
• Develop our annual shipping expense budgets and forecasts, including reconciling actual results to our initial plan on a regular basis
• Develop strategies to drive P&L leverage, which include communicating with both internal and external teams to align strategy
3, Transportation Strategy (25%)
• Support the development of the constantly evolving Walmart.com Transportation strategy
• Benchmark the current Walmart.com Supply Chain network against our key competitors in the ecommerce space
• Perform industry, competitor, and customer research to identify trends, opportunities, and threats
4. Project Leadership (15%)
• Own and lead key Transportation projects across the team. Recommend key areas for improvement and facilitate discussions to reduce Operational cost and increase customer satisfaction
Experience in SQL and Excel is a must
Logistics and Supply Chain experience preferred
Experience of working cross-functionally across different teams
Be a self starter
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents