2018 MBA Summer Intern: International Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type Internship
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 954580BR
What you'll do at
Interns will work to deliver insights, analysis, and recommendations to leadership of the Fortune 1 company. Additionally, interns will help program manage highly-complex international initiatives, core to our future success. This program allows our interns to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and expedite their professional development, in a truly global setting.
Throughout the internship, you will have exclusive exposure to talented leadership in Bentonville, our international markets, as well as MBA alumni who have progressed through the organization.
We are looking to build the next generation of successful leaders to run and support our International markets. We need smart, hard-working people like you to shape the future of Walmart and the future of retail.
The 10-week summer internship will challenge your ability to lead in a rapidly changing environment. Interns will be placed in one of the key teams within the International Leverage Services organization, composed of extremely talented associates. The core mission of Leverage Services is to accelerate our market capabilities to achieve the company’s key strategic priorities.
Specific responsibilities will mirror those of full-time MBA hires. Team placements can include:
• Strategic Initiatives: Provides program management capability to deliver strategic priorities with speed and an EDLC mindset by forging organizational partnerships, establishing transparent program discipline and fostering change adoption
• Pricing Acceleration: Drives EDLP principles to accelerate price leadership that builds customer trust and differentiates us against our competitors
• Cost Analytics: Provides merchant tools and data visibility enabling an agile way of working to negotiate lower net costs
• Workforce Management: Accelerates labor optimization capabilities to efficiently deliver products, services and customer experience
Your summer experience will also extend far beyond your specific assignment. Through executive and peer mentoring, potential in-market travel, and industry immersion, you will gain a greater knowledge of the company and retail industry. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to network and build lasting relationships with fellow MBA interns.
Interns will typically be placed at our home office in Bentonville, AR, although travel to our international markets may be required. Additionally, opportunities may exist for international students to split their summer between their home country and Bentonville.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in retail, strategy, consulting, or quantitative roles
• Communication with emphasis on influence of senior leaders and leading multiple teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
• Strategic and critical thinking, with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
• Extreme attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Customer-focus and even obsession. The customer comes first at Walmart, always
• A passion for retail and a desire to play a role in changing the way the world shops
• Authorization to work in US or one of Walmart International’s markets, without restriction
• Ability to travel internationally during the internship
• Foreign language skills are a plus
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents