Senior Systems Engineer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 953817BR
What you'll do at
- Builds technology roadmaps which are incorporated into system platforms
- Coordinates system changes with Customers and other system areas
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Information Systems Division (ISD) infrastructure and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Ensures Customer service levels
- Leads team tasks
- Leads the development of system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs
- Mentors and develops Associates
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 7 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
- 3 years troubleshooting experience in a large storage infrastructure environment.
- 3 years experience building or implementing multiple types of infrastructure technologies (storage).
- Advanced knowledge of clustering services, load balancing and replication services.
- Demonstrated experience in creating documentation of designs and solution.
- Exposure to various facets of data center build-out including planning, designing and implementation of various storage systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex enterprise solutions to internal team and customer.
- Provide mentorship to all engineering team in respect to storage architecture.
- Resolve escalated issues not only inside his/her own expertise but also willingness to accept challenges outside of expertise and comfort zone.
- Provide training to peers and promote teamwork.
- Provide exemplary client communication skills.
- Work on multiple projects or tasks well with a sense of urgency and completing tasks on schedule while maintaining industry leading SLA and uptime.
- Able to quickly assess situations that require escalation to vendor support.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents