Manager Demand Management - Walmart Merchandising
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 950237BR
What you'll do at
The Demand Management- Merchandising team drives supply chain and operational efficiencies by developing and implementing sound forecasting and inventory management processes. Our team collaborates with key stakeholders across the organization to drive out excess cost from the supply chain to pass the savings on to our customers. With the customer’s experience as our focus, we utilize the latest in retail technology to optimize inventory flow and availability across all U.S. stores.
At Walmart your career can touch millions, with a network and presence that spans the globe. But you’ll still feel like you’re part of a close-knit family. You can rapidly innovate without losing sight of time-tested traditions. Climb ladders while building bridges. Grow without grinding. Work for a $485 billion company and still make it home for dinner. Whether you’re looking for a career opportunity, a rich and inclusive community bond, or a Fortune #1 experience – the only place you can find them all is within the Walmart family.
Who we’re looking for -
• You make informed decisions. Utilizing rigorous data analysis and KPIs you are able to make decisions and set priorities, allowing you to identify and implement solutions that impact millions of people daily.
• You want to see results. You are result oriented and ensure that multiple business plans and projects are meeting operational needs.
• You plan for success. You set clear expectations, performance measures, and goals.
• You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture in the detailed business insights and stories rooted in data.
What you’ll do -
• In your role you will synthesize and interpret data to understand supply chain inefficiencies and identify ways to reduce costs through the supply chain.
• You’ll be utilizing math, science, and data analysis to identify factors that impact customer demand and use this information to drive improvement in forecast accuracy.
• You will develop and execute forecasting and inventory flow strategies to support optimal product availability for critical holiday events and seasonal timeframes.
• You will collaborate cross-functionally with business partners and influence key stakeholders to make optimal inventory management decisions.
• At the end of your first year, you will realize the impact you have made on a multi-billion dollar Walmart business segment through the optimization of inventory levels to drive overall business improvement.
What would support your success -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain, Engineering, Business, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in retail, supply chain, data analytics, industrial engineering or related field.
• Familiar with supply chain, merchandising, or related fields.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• In-depth knowledge and application of Retail Link, Excel, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau and/or JDA Demand
- Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Statistics, Business, or related field and 2 years experience in analytics, industrial engineering, supply chain, merchandising, or related field OR 4 years experience in analytics, industrial engineering, supply chain, merchandising, or related field
- 2 years experience utilizing JDA demand and/or fulfillment software.
- 3 years experience in analytics, statistical modeling, or related field
- Master s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or related field.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents