Senior Manager, Strategy Merchandising Operations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 945795BR
What you'll do at
As a Sr. Manager in Merchandising Transformation, you will be working to define the future of retail at the world’s largest retailer. Walmart is searching for a highly skilled individual to work closely with technology partners to guide products from conception to launch, bridging the gap between technology and business. This role will also be responsible for developing a strategy, gaining alignment from cross functional teams and leadership, establishing and maintaining working timelines and deploying that strategy through tech product launches.
A successful candidate will be a “Product Ninja” – customer needs focused, numbers driven, highly analytical, knowledgeable about merchandising and technology, collaborative, embody a sense of urgency, be able to work extremely effectively in a start-up like environment, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality features and messaging that customers love.
• Serve as the business lead for merchandising technology projects, helping to define the product vision, manage teams and timelines, and deliver the product.
• Collaborate and work alongside a team of product engineers, architects, designers, programmers, etc. to prioritize and deliver the right set of product features.
• Developing relationships with business partnerships to better understand the customers’ needs and concerns.
• Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product features.
• Support team’s product lead in communicating strategy and accomplishments to leadership.
- 3 years of supervisory experience or 3 years experience leading a cross-functional team.
- 4 years application development experience with emphasis on VBA and SQL programming languages.
- 5 years experience leading and managing multiple projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Finance or related field and 3 years professional experience OR 5 years experience in Operations, Merchandising, Information Systems or related field.
• 1-2 years of product management experience
• 3-4 years’ experience in Retail Buying, Planning, Replenishment, Supply Chain, or Category Development with advanced knowledge of retail math and merchandising root cause analysis
• Project Management, Six Sigma, or similar certification
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents