Senior Manager, Operational Excellence-Retail Core Engine
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Online Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 940178BR
What you'll do at
As the Senior Manager, Operations Excellence within the Retail Core Engine, you will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with the Retail Teams to support their efforts to help our customers save money and live better.
Who are you:
- You have excellent data analytics skills with a strong focus on execution
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You have a “customer service” approach to solving problems
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
- You empower and inspires your team to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better."
- You have demonstrated the ability to hire and develop strong leaders and build a high performance team
- You have a passion for “Operations”What you’ll do:
In this role you will:
- Help develop and deploy process innovation and facilitate the sharing of best practices across the organization
- Be responsible for assisting leadership teams in setting and measurement of actual performance against expected standards
- Manage all day to day activities related to performance improvement
- Build, empower, and lead talented operations focused teams in the practical application of continuous improvement tools to drive significant business impact and culture.
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/ project management experience
- Experience in establishing, measuring, and meeting service level agreements, improving the availability, performance, and quality of systems, and managing complex on-the-fly operational concerns
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents