Site Merchandiser, Baby (Jet + Walmart)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 937074BR
What you'll do at
This associate is highly analytical – SQL proficiency & advanced excel are requirements– but also action-oriented, quickly moving from information gathering to analysis to action. He/she will continually uncover new opportunities in the business and work with whomever is necessary to make it happen – most frequently interacting with colleagues in merchandising, site, engineering, marketing, and product. He/she should have strong people influence skills, with the ability and motivation to teach and train, the ability to communicate concisely, and the creativity to see opportunities in whatever shape they come.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Analytics and Advisor-ship
a. Using website, marketing, customer, and sales data in Teradata & Omniture, helps the category team understand the performance of each area at the root cause level using sales data, customer data, marketing data, and website visit data
b. Discovers new ways to look at the business - creates best practices for sub-category level analyses and trains business group on conducting them
c. Helps troubleshoot critical low performance businesses and create turnaround plans
d. Analyzes drivers of success in high performance businesses and supports replication of those drivers in the other areas
2. Product & Marketing Advocacy
a. Stays at the bleeding edge of the product and marketing roadmap
b. Connects the dots between what the business team needs to accomplish and the tools available to them
c. Pushes for new dev work, integrations with external partners, media experiments, etc
d. Devise “guerrilla style” tactics for piloting new ideas when broader programs are not feasible or fast enough
3. Project Leadership
a. Drives and manages the business team’s execution of product pilots, marketing tests, website feature MVPs, analytical methods – etc
b. Measures success of all tests and teach others to do the same
4. Teaching & Training
a. Disseminates tools & expertise across the entire team
b.Takes responsibility for the proficiency of others in analytical methods, product proficiency, etc
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Ensures aligned business objectives are met
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Plans and manages visual merchandising of website areas for multiple departments and major campaigns
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides direction to creative team
- Uses available site, sales, and competitive metrics and dashboards, and creates custom dashboard templates
• Bachelor’s degree
• SQL proficiency
• Interest in performance marketing
• Knowledge of statistics
• Hands on performance marketing experience
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents