Senior Manager, Internal Communications
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 936112BR
What you'll do at
As the Internal Communications Sr. Manager, you will be responsible for driving enterprise-wide messaging to support the accelerated growth efforts of Walmart’s digital advertising business. You’ll be working with a wide variety of groups with differing understandings of this proposition from our category manager teams to operations, technology and account management. You’ll develop training materials and FAQs, create newsletters, host learning sessions, design content (we do though have people that can make it look pretty), and meet with a lot of people across the organization. Longer term, you will lead a team to support in these activities as we grow the business.
Most importantly, you’ll play an instrumental role in the continued development of one of Walmart’s fastest growing businesses, helping to redefine how brands connect with consumers in the place where it matters the most! Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales (so there is a lot of opportunity here).
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, entrepreneurial, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
• Manage key stakeholder interviews with internal and 3rd party support teams to understand current internal perception, positioning, pain points and opportunities to simplify and improve
• Develop and continuously optimize the messaging strategy and framework for internal positioning
• Source and aggregate insights and data to support the messaging (i.e. comScore, sales data, industry data)
• Create communication toolkit including materials that support dissemination of information (including presentations, newsletters, infographics, etc). Work closely with design teams to bring the stories to life visually
• Develop an internal communication roadmap highlighting how, when and what messaging will be disseminated across the business
• Develop FAQs to support consistency in messaging across the business
• Support the Head of Marketing and Head of Sales on major change initiatives and ensure alignment with key stakeholders across the business (building and maintaining key relationships)
• Support in the development of go-to-market messaging and messaging dissemination for new product or service launches
• Act as an ambassador for Communications regarding the platform
• From time-to-time be pulled in to support daily operational challenges
• Note: as we grow we’ll continuously evolve this role with changing business requirements.
• 5 years of experience in marketing, change management or related field
• Unique ability to look at raw data and insights and mold it into a story
• Well-rounded individual with varied experience across retail, brand, digital and B2B marketing, agency and product management
• Really good at developing presentations and framing a story
• Understand how to motivate company-wide audiences to engage with and listen to this proposition
• Strategic thinker who identifies, defines, and SOLVES problems by using data to make decisions
• Someone who has led macro change across an organization
• Strong entrepreneurial mindset but able to work well in larger organizations
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents