Manager of Integrated Planning
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 936103BR
What you'll do at
As the Manager of Integrated Planning, you will spend your time assessing partner brand campaigns across multiple categories. You will look at these stories holistically and figure out which ones can go together, which ones can need to remain separate, and which ones can be deeply integrated into our Walmart proper category initiatives. Essentially, how do we creatively simplify the amount of messages in the market to the Walmart shopper.
You’ll be working with a wide variety of groups with differing understandings of this proposition from our category management team to marketing. You’ll develop calendars, sit in on client discussions, manage weekly discussions across the broader organization, and provide visibility into what we’re trying to accomplish.
Most importantly, you’ll play an instrumental role in the continued development of one of Walmart’s fastest growing businesses, helping to redefine how brands connect with consumers in the place where it matters the most! Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales (so there is a lot of opportunity here).
We are looking for ambitious, fun, entrepreneurial, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
• Develop proactive category calendars, content strategies and big ideas (more on the brand integration side than technology solutions)
• Participate in meetings across the organization from marketing to category management working to ensure that brand inclusion is a pivotal and integrated part of our everyday planning
• Provide visibility and reporting into initiatives that the advertising team is undertaking (basically, understand what everybody is doing to be able to articulate it to the right people)
• Develop deep understandings of our retail business helping to bridge the gap between multiple categories and multiple brand initiatives
• Support in the development of communications toolkits
• Develop and re-develop internal planning processes and organizational maps to best facilitate discussions amongst the teams
• Support in the message dissemination for new product or service launches where required
• Act as an ambassador for our advertising partners across the business
• Support daily operational planning initiatives (i.e. how do we integrated partner brands into our major seasonal and category initiatives)
• 5 years of experience in marketing, change management or related field
• Super organized
• Solid at thinking at both a strategic and tactical level
• Unique ability to look at raw data and insights and mold it into a story
• Well-rounded individual with varied experience across retail, brand, digital and B2B marketing, agency and product management
• Understand how to influence company-wide audiences to engage with and listen to this proposition
• Creative thinker who identifies, defines, and SOLVES problems
• Strong entrepreneurial mindset but able to work well in larger organizations
• Note: as we grow we’ll continuously evolve this role with changing business requirements.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents