Sr. Manager, Strategy and Community Giving - Walmart Foundation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Corporate Affairs & Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 930687BR
What you'll do at
Giving people access to a better life. One community at a time.
It’s our mission to create opportunities so people can live better. We consider it our responsibility to make a positive impact in the communities we serve. Whether it’s through the grants we provide to the thousands of organizations that share our mission or through the inspiring volunteer efforts of Walmart associates, we are passionate about helping people live better. One community at a time.
In Fiscal Year 2017, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation donated more than $1.4 billion in cash and in kind. Associates also contributed more than 1.2 million hours of their time outside of work to volunteer causes.
The Walmart Foundation meets the needs of the under-served by directing charitable giving toward our core areas of focus: Opportunity, Sustainability and Community.
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Sr. Manager, Community Initiatives Role: This role sits on the Community Team of the Walmart Foundation and reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, Walmart Foundation.
This new role will manage a multi-million dollar grant portfolio that impacts communities at the market and regional level in US-based markets where Walmart and Sam’s Clubs operate.
It will interface with and manage a myriad of stakeholders:
Internal leadership - corporate affairs, public relations, community relations, human resources, marketing, legal and communications teams, as well as our field operators, store associates and leaders in select US-based markets;
External – regional and state government leaders, non-profits, community & corporate foundations, and our customers
• Oversee and manage community giving in US based markets ($3M-$5M/annually)
- Develop place-based strategies that raise awareness across all our constituents – associates, customers and community leaders
- Liaise with community leaders, foundations, non-profits and regional stakeholders to develop a locally relevant giving strategy for a 3-year giving platform, that has measurable lasting impact in markets where Walmart operates
- Leveraging local partners and resources to increase impact and potential giving
• Manage and operationalize our new Market Level Manager ($3.8M annually) giving program
- Execute a strategy and ensure timely rollout of program
- Engage corporate leadership and operations mangers in understanding processes
- Work in partnership with support teams to implement digital tools to support the program
• Develop an overarching strategy for Public Affairs giving that ramps to our 2025 impact goals currently ($7.5M)
• Lead change management and transition of our State Giving Program, including bridge grants and stakeholder communications
• Travel 10%
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
• Manages communications during organization intake and filtering of priorities
• Strategic & innovative thinker
• Entrepreneurial in nature and strong bias for action
• Mission driven and passionate
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed environment, with no direct reports
• Digitally native or savvy
• Collegial and team-oriented
• Adept to change and change management
• Intellectually curious, analytical thinker and consummate learner
• Considers multiple lenses in decision making including local impact, diversity and inclusion, social justice, sustainability, and community based needs
• Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong financial acumen including budgeting, forecasting and reporting skills
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, humanities, marketing, communication, journalism or related field and 2 years experience in non-profit management or grant-making OR 5 years experience in non-profit management or grant-making.
• 1-4 years of experience in retail at any level
• 2-4 years managing a portfolio of grants, innovation, or financial assets –or- 3-5 years of consulting experience
• 5-7 years of military leadership or political campaign experience may be substituted for the above
• Experience with social media, web communications and MS Office proficiency
• Preferred Masters in Public Policy, Non-Profit Management, or Business Administration
• Multilingual and global experience a plus
• 1 year experience analyzing and researching social issues.
• 1 year experience making public presentations.
• 2 years experience managing multiple, concurrent projects.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents