Director - Indirect Spend Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 925023BR
What you'll do at
Lead indirect sourcing activities; establish and track progress towards annual and 3-year targets across category teams and spend areas, includes roll out of key industry best practice metrics (i.e., margin management, cost reduction, cash flow, and quality initiatives).
Develop and oversee Indirect strategic sourcing pipeline process by reviewing projects to identify where sourcing opportunities could achieve greater holistic savings; includes establishing a methodology for identifying high value sourcing spend areas where common approach or supply base can be implemented.
Identify opportunities, develop business case, and lead special projects that further develops a category team’s capability to strategically source or managing Indirect suppliers/spend through the implementation of best practice processes or technologies; plus, monitor project performance using metrics to ensure project outcomes reflect business expectations.
Establish the mechanism(s) to gather and share industry trends, macro-economic impacts to Indirect spend-areas and suppliers, (i.e., disruptive technologies, industry trends, changing legislation and policies, commodity pricing).
Lead enterprise-wide strategic sourcing activities including spend/supplier analysis, benchmarking, RFx/Supplier selection, negotiating pricing and contract terms, change management, by building partnerships with key stakeholders across internal and external teams; analyzing and identifying current areas of opportunity and future needs; identifying and understanding existing and future supply leverage points and aligning strategies.
Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 15 years OR 10 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 15 years OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 15 years.
- 4 years experience developing, presenting, and implementing technology strategies.
- 4 years experience managing large-scale global projects.
- 4 years experience managing vendor and supplier relationships.
- 4 years experience supervising teams in both direct reporting and matrix structures.
- 4 years of contract and budget management experience (for example, procurement of services, hardware, cost center P&L management).
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents