Senior Manager, Site Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Online Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 923771BR
What you'll do at
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively find site conversion breakdowns and opportunities by analyzing click stream data, analyzing session activities, or other production logs. Partner with appropriate teams (engineering, product, site merchandizing, etc.) to identify ways to improve conversion based on these findings.
- Actively investigate/tease out known or suspected issues from outside sources, including voice of customer data, shopper notes, call center feedback, bug reports, site outages, research and internal observations. For both issues and opportunities, quantify the size of the issues/opportunity and build business cases for improvement.
- Drive the execution of multiple site conversion business plans by identifying site and customer issues; developing and communicating site conversion plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact transaction process; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous support to the site conversion program.
- Develop and test new, alternate approaches, other technologies, or deep dive investigations to find potential purchase success rate improvement opportunities. Keep the organization updated on site conversion plan, execution and outcome of the work.
- Develop a site conversion plan by site sections (such as shopping cart and checkout paths) and managing the work effort and communicating key findings and progress back to the site operations leads and executive management team.
Performance Standards & Monitoring: (25%)
- Set baseline for current page performance and partner with Engineering groups to apply monitoring & threshold standards for checkout completion rate, response time, and availability metrics both from synthetic backbone monitoring (Keynote, Gomez) and actual end user experience monitoring (packet sniffer logs).
- Analyze complex system behavior, exception alerts, and application monitoring data. Deliver insights into conversion opportunities for each step in the shopping and purchase funnel flows.
- Deliver insights on pre/post redesign feature performance (both backend services and front end experience) and partner with front end engineering to drive changes.
Manage, Partner & Influence Changes (25%)
- Manage site conversion pipeline of conversion opportunities, investigate, analyze, report and publish the optimization results. Promote a culture of site conversion and customer advocacy by building awareness to the successes and opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to provide opportunity cost model on quick-win priorities for any identified conversion obstacles that results in site changes/bug fixes/enhancements to site features and managing site conversion pipeline all the way to the execution stage and provide post implementation analysis to the executive team.
- Evangelize site conversion concepts and serves as an advocate for customer experience best practices by striving to improve skills and capabilities within the site conversion space; creating and maintaining a data driven culture at across all Walmart eCommerce business units.
--Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
-Innovative thinker and ability to work independently
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents