Data Scientist Intern - Summer 2018
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 904215BR
What you'll do at
Far beyond your specific assignment, the program immerses you in business, allows you to develop cutting edge technology, and shows off your socials skills, all in between a lot of fun! Over the 10 to 11 week period you connect with executives, learn advanced skills, participate in HackDay, and network at social events. Whether you are playing in the Intern Olympics or going to a Giants game, there is always something going on. With the San Francisco Bay Area as your playground the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless!
• A visionary technologist with a passion for learning new technologies and translating data into business solutions.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to build innovative complex models to illustrate various scenarios and compare KPIs
• Experience with statistical analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and quantity modeling.
• Expert in MS-Excel, MS-Access, VBA, and SQL
• Proficient in MS-PowerPoint and comfortable building presentations to tell a clear story
• Capacity to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
• Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team
• Strong follow-through skills and acute attention to detail
• Passionate about user experience
• A keen analytical mind with high levels of creativity and quick solving capabilities to change the world in a huge way!
• Currently enrolled and pursuing a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, Computational Mathematics or a related field.
• Graduating December 2018 or later
About Walmart Labs
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts