Senior Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 893964BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsAs a Senior Software Engineer (Back End) you are responsible for designing high performance and scalable e-commerce applications that meet the needs of millions of Walmart customers and its next generation supply chain. Responsibilities include:
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Participate in medium- to large-scale projects
• Participate in team of application engineers, architect and product visionaries to design, prototype and build technology-driven products that will serve the current and future needs of ecommerce
• Analyzes business problems to design solutions and/or implements and tests complex code changes for specific requirements or application/standalone program.
• Primarily responsible for delivering high quality technical designs and code for the product requirements in a fast paced agile scrum sprints
• Implement software as per the design, generate test cases, automate integration tests, perform code reviews and write feature documentation
• Perform build, deployment and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
• Drive production deployments using platform’s automated CI and deployment tools
• Work as Level 3 production support engineer on a rotation-basis to help Level 2 production support team for any production issue where engineering help is required. Provide support in troubleshooting / investigations pertaining to the inventory management systems.
• Responsible for production environment health as first priority, enabling automated monitoring and alerting and ensuring close to 100% uptime.
• Support Business requests for investigation and analysis
• Troubleshoot business and production issues
• Help the team leverage and contribute to open source technologies
• Solid problem solving skills and focus on “why?”
• Extensive experience building REST services using back end technologies (Java, Spring, Jersey)
• Hands on experience with messaging frameworks; Kafak and JMS preferred.
• In depth knowledge of relational and non relational DB technologies (Hive, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra)
• Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, or Ruby
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient code
• Attiude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
• Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Shell, Perl, Python, Bash, or Ruby
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient code
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents