Technical Manager - Home and General Merchandise
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 891428BR
What you'll do
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops and executes seasonal and brand specifications for assigned department(s)
- Manages performance testing
- Manages projects to bring innovative (for example, disruptive, incremental) products to the marketplace
- Manages the product approval workflow
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Partners with Benchmark Managers to evaluate and understand item characteristics and quality differences between competitors' products and Walmart products
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert to buyers, brand teams, suppliers, and technical staff
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field and 2 years experience in manufacturing, quality control, product development, merchandising, or related field OR 4 years experience in manufacturing, quality control, product development, merchandising, or related field.
- 1 year experience working on multi-national teams.
- 2 years experience in product sourcing.
- 2 years experience in product testing within a retail environment.
- 2 years experience working with or for third-party testing laboratories.
- 2 years merchandising experience in a retail environment.
- Master s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Six Sigma or related certification.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents