Senior Data Scientist
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 890961BR
What you'll do at
The ideal candidate profile includes post-graduate work in computer science, statistics, math or engineering and professional experience with large scale machine learning implementations. Strong background in training and deploying deep neural networks is preferred. Successful candidates will possess strong communication skills including the ability to describe abstract computer science topics/techniques in colloquial terms.
Come join a dynamic group of scientists developing breakthrough capabilities in retail, creating new scientific approaches, and innovating solutions using state-of-the-art technology – at Walmart scale!
- Consults with business stakeholders on data-based insights
- Drives strategies for analytics across the division
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads multiple large-scale analytic project teams
- Leads the continuous improvement of data science and analytics
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 10 years experience in an analytics related field OR Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 8 years experience in an analytics related field.
- 3 years experience with big data analytics.
- 7 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 7 years experience with statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R).
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics and 17 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Doctoral degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 9 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 12 years experience in an analytics related field.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents