Staff Software Engineer - Edge Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 890686BR
What you'll do at
* Architect new CDN and proxy systems to satisfy our growing technical needs at the edge
* Manage CDN vendor configurations and deployments
* Integrate with external services to provide a common platform for CDN, DNS, and other tier one services
* Fundamental understanding of HTTP, DNS, TCP, UDP, and related technologies
• Strong background in process design for reliable systems; strong “big picture” awareness of systems
• Good generalist experience, with ability and willingness to read and write into all layers of a software stack
• Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Mathematics, or similar field of study and 10+ years industry experience OR MS in CS, Mathematics, InfoSec or similar field of study and 6+ years industry experience
• Minimum 5 years of Programming experience with any combination of the following: Go/C/C++/C#/Java/Perl/Python/Ruby
* Experience with existing DNS providers and their control panels
* DevOps experience
* Comfortable with shell programming and linux administration
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents