Senior Software Engineer - Node
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 888991BR
What you'll do
Position Summary: You can work on Node.js at quite a few companies, but it is rare that you can impact millions of people at such a personal level. Here in the store-services team at Walmart Labs, we build the tools that bring the shopping experience in our stores to par with (or even better than) the experience of shopping online. Yes, finding a pair of shoe laces at a large super-center can be challenging or checkout at a cashier might take a while.
But, these are all opportunities that can be addressed with cool technology solutions, often involving mobile apps. That is our focus in the store-services team. Our work impacts customers’ daily lives. If enhancing real-world experiences with technology is your passion, keep on reading!
We are nimble team and operate like a startup in a large company. We control our product roadmap and development cycles. Most of us have worked at startups before. To build on our vision, we are building a team of node.js developers and that's where you come in. In an ideal future team-mate, we are looking for the following:
• Experience in designing clean REST APIs
• Experience in building fault-tolerant, high performance distributed systems
• Well-factored codebases with thorough test coverage.
• Experience in continuous integration and delivery.
• Comfort with the *nix environment and configuring it with tools like puppet, chef or fabric
• Having contributed to open source community. Reference to an active github repo is a big plus!
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents