Senior Manager International Corporate Affairs - Asia
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Corporate Affairs & Communications
- Team Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 878772BR
What you'll doManages Asia strategies for Global Government Affairs by identifying key contacts (for example, foreign officials, policy influencers) within multilateral and Asian regional organizations and governments; gaining trust, understanding, and support from influential individuals within international markets (for example, governments, opinion leaders); overseeing the coordination of visits to Walmart domestic and international facilities, markets, and events by influential individuals; aligning Walmart's Asian strategy with political, economic, and social circumstances; guiding and collaborating with in-country associates on government affairs strategies; and responding to information and resource requests from internal stakeholders.
Manages and tracks government policymaking and reputation across Asian markets by developing and implementing government relations plans and programs; planning and coordinating events to contribute to policymaking and enhance reputation; reviewing, creating, and implementing tools for government and policy influencers; incorporating company strategic positions in government affairs strategy; writing executive support products (for example, geopolitical analysis memoranda and government affairs talking points); identifying and implementing ways to advance Walmart international strategy; ensuring and maintaining consistent Walmart government affairs and reputational messaging across markets; and developing proactive government affairs strategies.
Manages internal and external coordination related to Walmart Global Government Affairs by serving as a point of contact to government officials and opinion leaders; recommending opportunities to position the company and its public policy priorities in or with regard to Asia (for example, through speeches and other public and private engagement); supporting senior executives to increase understanding, confidence, and effectiveness of executive engagement in government affairs and reputational platforms; and developing internal written analysis, presentations, and other products for Walmart International senior executives and teams, Asian markets, and the Global Government Affairs and broader Corporate Affairs team.
- Bachelor s degree in Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, Business, Economics, or related field and 4 years experience in corporate affairs, international business, or related field OR 6 years experience in corporate affairs, international Business, or related field.
• Project management experience related to government engagement, policy creation, and event organization.
• 2 years corporate experience involving government affairs and institutional affairs.
• 2 years’ experience in government, non-governmental organizations (NGO), or policy-related not-for-profit organizations or foundations.
• Business proficiency in regional language, especially Mandarin Chinese.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents