Staff Systems Engineer - Edge/Cloud Computing
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 877369BR
What you'll do at
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads system design process and solution development
- Maintains and advances industry expertise
- Mentors information technology Associates
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides direction and coordination between large projects and the technical execution plan
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
- 1 year experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
- 1 year experience integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio.
- 2 years experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 3 years experience creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations.
- 3 years experience designing and implementing technical solutions.
• Demonstrates experience with planning, designing, and engineering enterprise class systems and services. Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
• Demonstrates Scripting Skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.)
• Demonstrates Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle and associated tools for source code management like Git, and build systems like Jenkins.
• Knowledge of a modern programming Language like Java, C#, etc.
Additionally, one of the below set of skills:
• Demonstrates hands-on experience end-user computing needs including corporate mobile solutions, portable computing solutions (handheld devices, tablets). Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
• Demonstrates hands-on experience building, administrating, troubleshooting Mobile Devices (Android, and iOS) in a highly distributed environment. Demonstrate a deep knowledge of Mobile Operating Systems.
• Demonstrates hands-on experience developing solutions for Mobile Device Management like Airwatch, Samsung Knox, etc.
• Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, including VPNs, Wi-Fi; Cellular Networks, and carriers in the United States.
Cloud Computing / Infrastructure
• Demonstrates hands-on experience developing solutions with Infrastructure as a Service and Configuration management tools like (Ansible, OpenStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
• Strong Scripting Skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.)
• Strong Knowledge of IP Networking including Virtual Private Cloud, VPN, SDN, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls
• Strong knowledge of storage technologies, and ability to design storage for performance and resiliency, including SAN, NAS, RAID, Cloud Storage Technologies for block and Object storage.
• Demonstrates hands-on experience administrating and managing consumption of Public Cloud Services in a large multi-team environment. Azure Experience preferred.
• Demonstrates hands-on experience building Container based solutions using Kubernetes, and/or Docker Data Center/swarm. Knowledge of Apache Mesos and DC/OS.
• Demonstrates hands-on experience building Orchestration with DevOps Tools like Terraform.
• Experienced with middleware technologies in the Application Server (Tomcat, TomEE, Node.Js, etc.), messaging (Kafka, ActiveMQ, JMS based messaging, etc.) and integration (Camel, ServiceMix, API Management, etc.)
• Strong Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and strong Programming skills
• Understanding of Design and integration Patterns
• Development experienced with JAVA and Java based development frameworks and technologies
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents