Senior Manager, Controllership
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Accounting & Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 876126BR
What you'll do
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing environment with complex problems to solve? Are you interested in working with International Markets and developing a strong understanding of what drives the eCommerce business? We have an exciting opportunity for someone with strong public accounting to transition into a role that works closely with the business.
The Senior Manager, Controllership will be responsible for partnering with the business in understanding new initiatives and determining the impact of these initiatives on the Controllership organization. The Senior Manager would also require coordinating with Controllership groups across various markets/brands to standardize new and existing processes. The Senior Manager must possess significant business acumen to understand business initiatives and their respective impact to accounting and controls. The Senior Manager will be required to perform all necessary research with the appropriate groups; to benchmark eCommerce industry practices, to document findings, to communicate recommendations to executive management for approval; create the process documentation and finally to oversee communication to the eCommerce business and implementation of the new process. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and experience in the area of US GAAP as related to eCommerce and/or the internet industry. Research, communication and collaboration skills will be instrumental in the success of this role. Other success factors for this role include being comfortable with change, being resourceful, having a global mindset and exhibiting profession curiosity.
- Drives continuous improvement processes
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures reporting compliance
- Ensures the execution and maintenance of a solid internal control environment
- Oversees and executes financial reporting and communication
- Participates in mergers and acquisitions
- Participates in mergers and acquisitions
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field and 5 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field OR 8 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Certified Management Accountant.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3 years experience in ecommerce finance.
- 3 years experience in retail finance.
- Certified Internal Auditor.
Certified Public Accountant.
Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Blend of big four public accounting and industry experience.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents