Principal Data Scientist
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Data Science and Machine Learning
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 875213BR
What you'll do
- A Principal Data Scientist is responsible for collaborating with a business segment to determine long-term vision and provide analytical support and guidance. A Principal Data Scientist analyzes large data sets to develop multiple, complex custom models and algorithms to drive innovative business solutions. Principal Data Scientists work on large project teams in order to provide analytical support and guidance to a large project team (for example, email targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) within Walmart eCommerce. The algorithms built
- Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Combine data features to determine search models.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Interpret data to identify trends to go across future data sets.
- Lead project teams to develop innovative solutions to drive innovative business solutions.
- Lead the implementation of data modeling solutions.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provide guidance to cross-functional leadership regarding data modeling possibilities.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Review business strategies to ensure alignment across initiatives.
- Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
- Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Translate business needs into data modeling initiatives.
- Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R, Matlab,ILog).
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
• Highly proficient in Python or Java
• Extremely hands on in building Machine Learning products
• Experience in building data products and crunching terabytes of data
• A good portfolio of machine learning projects with a significant impact on the bottom line
• Experience in working as a tech lead
• Blog posts, papers or conference talks showing your involvement in the community
• Contributions to open source ML projects
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents